CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Just God that He Is

Something that has touched my heart today. For the longest time I struggled to get through the Introduction to "Jesus the Christ" because the powerful vocabulary usage intimidated me. However, I am so glad to say that I have passed through the Introduction and I am HOOKED!! Although I still do not understand everything (actually quite a bit still..) but the main points are clear and I want to share one with you today.


I was reading about the pre-earth life and the council in heaven. We were all there of course, and its amazing to comprehend that EVERY individual you meet on this earth either fought for or did not oppose to our Saviour's plan. The Lord wanted us to exercise our agency, and knew that when we would come to earth, we would need to exercise our agency by knowing good and evil and choosing the right to return to him. However....there was a problem...once we were seperated from our Father in Heaven, and if some of us DID choose something wrong (because we are all human and have weaknesses....ALL of us do..) how could we return back to Heavenly Father? For he states that no unclean thing can dwell with him?

Now---for even more in depth information (and its exciting!!). I tend to think deeply and question beyond the basics, not because I don't believe it but I always am thinking of why? or how?..etc. I wondered why the Lord would send us to this earth, having the agency and knowing (since he is an all knowing God) that some would not return to him because of their choices? That seemed a little.....sad to me. After a prayer about this exact topic of why he would allow such a thing....the answer came in the VERY next paragraph.

The Lord knew that not everyone would choose the way back to the Him but he provided a WAY to come back to Him: Our Savior Jesus Christ and the Atonement he gave to us. Not only does it allow those who have messed up a chance to repent, but also allows all mankind on this earth the free agency of accepting the plan of the Father and following it. Therefore, in the end it is man's agency that will determine his outcome. Our God is a just God. There are ALOT of unanswered things on this earth, but man cannot comprehend all that the Father knows. We must have faith in him and love him for being so just and fair to each of His children. He does love every child he has created and wants us to return home to Him.

Remember the gift of the Atonement that has been given to us..
for it truly is a gift!!!

0 comments: